A downloadable tool for Windows
A simple and easy-to-use textures packer and font atlas generator.
Package multiple sprites into a texture atlas to improve drawing performance. Multiple packing options available and also font atlas generation supported. Packed atlas can be exported to multiple data formats.
rTexPacker comes in two flavours: ZERO (free version) and ONE (low-cost version).
rTexPacker ZERO features
- Load multiple image fileformats: PNG, BMP, TGA, JPG.
- Load/Save a portable self-contained .rtp file, containing all sprites.
- Various packing algorythms and heuristics, including sprites alpha trim.
- Multiple font atlas generation option, including SDF fonts generation.
- Multiple atlas visualization options: Zoom, Pan, Background, Helpers...
- Export atlas image as PNG, DDS or RAW, with configurable pixel format.
- Export atlas descriptor as text (.rtpa), xml or json.
- Maximum atlas size limited to 2048x2048 pixels.
- Completely portable (single file)
rTexPacker ONE features
- Powerful command line for batch sprites packing.
- Maximum atlas size up to 8192x8192 pixels.
Open the tool, drag & drop your sprites/fonts and setup atlas packing options.
Generated atlas can be exported as atlas-descriptor text file (.rtpa, xml, json) plus atlas image file (.png). rTexPacker ONE also allows exporting atlas image as DDS or RAW files.
rTexPacker ONE comes with a powerful command line for batch atlas generation, enabling sprites packing with a very simple and comprehensive command line.
To view all available operations just run on command line:
> rtexpacker.exe --help
Do you like this tool? Do you need any specific feature to be added? Maybe a custom export format? Maybe a custom gui theme? Or maybe a version for Linux, OSX, Android, Raspberry Pi or HTML5? Just get in touch!
rTexPacker Issues & Feedback
You can report tool issues and feedback here: https://github.com/raylibtech/rtools
NOTE: This release is an ALPHA version, it's completely functional but some features and details are still missing, specifically the custom charset edition on textbox. Any feedback is very welcome!
rTexPacker ZERO is free and rTexPacker ONE is low-cost, with the addition of some useful features. In any case, consider it as a small donation to help the author keep working on software for games development.
Copyright (c) 2019 raylib technologies (@raylibtech)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- rTexPacker v1.0-alpha released!Oct 26, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.