Any plans on open sourcing this in a late future?
A simple and easy-to-use textures viewer, editor and image board.
Visualize multiple images, convert between different pixel-formats in real-time or arrange in a visual board for reference. Some interesting image editing functionality included like custom shaders support per image!
rTexViewer can be used for free as a WebAssembly online tool and it can also be downloaded as a standalone tool for Windows and Linux with some extra features.
- Load multiple image file formats: PNG, QOI, BMP, TGA, JPG, GIF, HDR
- Load compressed texture file formats: DDS, PKM, KTX, PVR, ASTC (if supported by GPU)
- Load/Save image-collections from
.rTVproject format (non-destructive)
- View images as separate tabs, as an image board or directory scan
- View image options: Zoom, Alpha, Pan, Background
- View image information: Size, Data size, Selected Pixel info, Palette
- Visual image crop mode: just draw a rectangle and crop
- Edit images: Select pixel-format with real-time preview
- Edit images: Flip, Rotate, Resize, Crop, Alpha management, Mipmaps...
- Edit images: Set a text description for the image
- Edit images: Assign custom GLSL fragment shaders
- Export edited single images as PNG, QOI, DDS, RAW or CODE (.h)
- Export image collection and board as a single image PNG, QOI or DDS
- Multiple UI styles supported, select your best style
- Export image palette as PNG/PAL (up to 256 colors)
rTexViewer Standalone Additional Features
- Command-line support for batch image processing and formats conversion
- Completely portable (single-file, no-dependencies)
Open the tool, drag & drop your images and view/edit them or place/organize them in the board mode.
Edited image can be exported as
.h code file. Image collection can be saved as a
.rtv project file.
rTexViewer Standalone comes with command-line support for batch image processing and format conversion. Up to 256 chainned transformations can be applied per image on the command-line. For usage help:
This tool has been created using the following open-source technologies:
- raylib - A simple and easy-to-use library to enjoy videogames programming
- raygui - A simple and easy-to-use immediate-mode-gui library
- tinyfiledialogs - File dialogs for desktop platforms
Do you like this tool? Do you need any specific feature to be added? Maybe a custom format support? Maybe a custom gui theme? Or maybe a custom version for Linux, macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi or HTML5? Just get in touch: ray[at]raylibtech.com
rTexViewer Issues & Feedback
You can report tool issues and feedback here: https://github.com/raylibtech/rtools
rTexViewer online tool can be used completely for free.
rTexViewer Standalone desktop tool could be downloaded with a small donation.
In any case, consider a donation to help the author keep working on software for games development.
Copyright (c) 2015-2022 raylib technologies (@raylibtech)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
No plans to open source this software. Why do you need it? I could provide the sources per client contract if required.